Career Growth – Five Reasons You Should Think Small
Working for a small AV technology consulting and design firm versus a larger firm comes with its own set of employment benefits. We understand the appeal of working for larger companies, but the best choice depends on your preferences, career goals, and circumstances. We’ve shared some thoughts on why you or someone you know should consider your next career step with smaller firms that are growing.
It may go without saying, but there is no doubt that smaller firms will have a more intimate and collaborative atmosphere. It’s just the nature of having a smaller staff.
Here are some potential benefits of working at a smaller AV technology consulting and design firm.
- Increased Autonomy: With fewer management layers, employees at smaller firms may enjoy more decision-making autonomy and direct involvement in projects from conception to completion.
- Opportunity for Rapid Growth: In smaller firms, high-performing individuals can stand out more quickly, potentially leading to faster career growth and advancement opportunities.
- Exposure to Diverse Projects: Small firms often work on a variety of projects across different industries. This exposure can broaden employees’ expertise and help them stay updated with the latest trends.
- Wider Range of Responsibilities: Employees in small firms may have the opportunity to wear multiple hats, taking on various roles and responsibilities. This can provide valuable cross-functional experience and skill development.
- Cutting Edge Tech: Smaller firms can sometimes focus and invest in cutting-edge technology, research capabilities, and training programs, which can enhance professional development.
It may go without saying, but there is no doubt that smaller firms will have a more intimate and collaborative atmosphere. It’s just the nature of having a smaller staff. This often leads to strong team bonds and more personalized interactions with colleagues and management. Wherever you are in your career journey, we ask that you pause to consider how smaller firms with a record of growth could be your next step.
Please check out our career page for our current opportunities.